Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Have you heard of the perseverance of JOB?


Job : Gods humble servant

A  Puzzle Piece of a Play in One Scene and Three Acts

By

Katherine Reyna

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Copyright                                                                                                                                                 Katherine Reyna

9213 Southmoor Ave.

Highland IN 46322

219-743-2735

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“CHARACTERS”

 

 

 

Eliphaz                                   The Temanite

 

Bildad                                     The Shuhite

 

Zophar                                    The Naamathite

 

Elihu                                         Son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram whose wrath was aroused             against Job because he justified himself rather than God.

Elihu

My friend wait for the Lord to justify you.  What can you be certain about in your life?  Only the LORD.  Wait for His reply.

Job

My God! My God! Do not dely!  Blessed are those who regard the weak counted blessed among the land and not given over the their foes.  Have mercy on me Lord, heal me as those among the weak in their bed!  Ps 41

Because of my integrity you uphold me,,praise be to the LORD from everlasting to everlasting amen and amen.

My tears have been my food, all of you say where is your God.  Why my soul so disturbed within me? My soul is downcast within me. Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls, all your waves an breakers…ps42

 

Why must I go about mourning oppressed by your enemy.  Friends all day long ask where is your God!  Oh why my soul are you downcast? Ps42

Rescue me, my stronghold, why have you rejected me, why must I go about mourning, save me bring me to the holy mt to where I will praise my God.  Why my soul are you down cast?  Why so disturbed within me?  I will praise Him my savior and my God. Ps43

 

 

 

Job                                          There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one who feared God and shunned evil.  And seven sons and three daughters were born to him. JOB 1:1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1.

 

Scene 1

Act 1

 

Chaldeans and Sabeans  take away Jobs oxen and donkeys.  Then killed the servants with the edge of the sword.  Then the Chaldeans formed three bands, raided the camels and took them away.  This happened on three different accounts.  Then Jobs sons and daughters were killed in a weather disaster.

 

Job

(Arose then and tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshipped.  )

Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return there.  The Lord gave and the Lord taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. 

You have made us a byword they shake their heads at us, taughnts and reproaches from the enemy bent on revenge! You crushed us, covering us over in deep darkness.  Yet for you sake me face death all day long, wake LORD, why do you hide your face, our bodies cling to the ground, rescue us from the dirt, PS44

My children, forgive me.  My wife, my family, my God how shall I covet all that you command?  

Black out

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2.

 

 

 

Scene 1                                                                           

Act 2

Now when Job’s three friends heard of all this adversity that had come upon him, each one came from his own place.  They had made an appointment to come together to come mourn with him and to comfort him.  And when they raised their eyes from afar, and did not recognize him, each one tore his robe and sprinkled dust on his head toward heaven.  So they sat down with him on the ground seven days and seven nights and no one spoke a word to him, for they saw that his grief was very great.

 

Job

(Scratching painful boils on his skin from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head, and he took for himself a potsherd with which to scrape himself while he sat in the midst of the ashes)

May the day perish on which I was born, and the night in which it was said, a male child is conceived.

The Almighty is my refuge! I will extol, glory, and exalt and rejoice on the LORD. He delivered me from all my fears, and the angel of the LORD delivers those who fear the LORD.  Those who fear Him lack nothing. Ps34

Turn from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it.  Those who do evil will be blotted out from all the earth.  Many troubles but the Lord delivers the righteous from them all!  No one who takes refuge in Him will be condemned! Ps35

 

 

 

Eliphaz

If one attempts a word with you will you become weary?  But who can withhold himself from speaking? Surely you have instructed many, and you have strengthened weak hands.  You words have upheld him who was stumbling, and you have strengthened the feeble knees;  but now it comes upon you, and you are weary; it touches you, and you are troubled.

Job

Oh, that my grief were fully weighed, and my calamity laid with it on the scales!

Lord…your arrows have pierced me, my guilt had overwhelmed me to heavy, wounds fester, because of my sinful folly, I’m brought low, no health in my feeble crushed body.  All my sighing is unhidden, heart pounds, strength fails me, all avoid me because of my wounds, evil set and sceme an lie of me.  Your hand has come down upon me.  Your wrath.  All day mong I go about mourning, my back has seering pain.  My anguish my longings go about you all day.  The light has gone from my eyes!  Those who want me dead set their traps.  Those who wan to harm me.  I wait for you lord my God, you will answer for I said I am about to fall.  Many hav become my enemy without cause, lodging accusations against me.  Come! Come quickly! Ps38

I’ve become as one with no reply or cannot hear.  LORD my pain is ever with me, I confess my iniquity.  Many are my enemies without cause, lodge accusations against me, LORd donot forske me my savior my LORD PS 38

I said I will watch my ways and keep my words from sin. PS38

Bildad

How long will you speak these things and the words of your mouth be like a strong wind?

Get a grip, do not fret, the evil will die away, trust in the LORd and do good, dwell in the land, take delight, trust and commit your way in Him and he will make your vindication shine like a new days sun.  Be still, trust, turn from wrath, do not fret it leads to evil, hope in the LORD, and the meek will enjoy the land, while the wicked will knish their teeth, draw sword, bend bow and their swords will be broken.   The power of the wicked will be broken.  The blameless spend their days under the LORDS care.  Days of famine they will enjoy plenty.  The wicked will borrow and do not repay, but the righteous give gernerously. 

 

I was young and now old, yet I’ve never seen the rightouse forsaken or the children begging. Turn from evil and do good.  The LORD loves the just, the offspring of the wicked will perish, the righteous toungue speaks what is just, the wicked lie and wait for the rightoues but the LORD will not let them, and the wicked will be dtroyed and you will see it, the flourishing tree found no more when seeked.  There will be no future for the wicked.  Salvation is the stronghold, helping them, delivering in those who take refuge in Him. Psalm 37

Black Out




 


 


                                                                                                                                                                                        6.

Scene 1

Act 3a.

 

Job                                                                                                               I know that Thou canst do all things, and that no purpose of Thine can be thwarted.  Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?  Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.  Here, now, and I will speak; I will ask Thee, and do Thou instruct me.  I have heard of Thee by the hearing of the ear; But now my eye sees Thee; Therefore I retract, and I repent in dust and ashes.


 

 

 

God Restores Job’s Fortunes

Jobs brothers and sisters all who known him before came to him, and they ate bread with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the evil that the Lord had brought on him.  And each one gave him one piece of money, and each a ring of gold.  And the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning, and he had 14,000 sheep, and 6,000 camels, and 1,000 yoke of oxen, and 1,000 female donkeys.  And he had seven sons and three daughters. 

 

 
 

 

The END

No comments:

Post a Comment